Aim of the new Classic Line 099 Preamp is to take account of the growing
popularity of digital sources and to unite picture and sound. It is equipped
with six digital inputs – 2 x RCA, 3 x TORX and 1 x USB. Therefore, it is suitable
for a multitude of digital sources like digital satellite receivers, gaming consoles
or your computer.
The sampling rate for the D/A conversion can be selected between 96 kHz/24
bit and 192 kHz/24 bit. External digital sources can be upgraded with the
award-winning Burmester D/A converting technology, and thus will smoothly
integrate into your highend sound system. The 099 can be used as a full-value
preamplifier, using the volume function, or as pre-preamplifier for an existing
preamp with fixed volume. In this application, the volume function is out of service.
In addition to that, analogue sources can be connected to three balanced
analogue inputs. The Classic Line 099 Preamp belongs to a new generation of
Burmester products, distinguished by a very low power consumption of less
than 1 Watt in Standby mode.
Characteristics and features of the 099 Preamp
· 3 balanced analogue inputs (XLR 3pol. female, combo jack), can be used as unbalanced
inputs via adapter for 6.3 mm jack to RCA
· 6 digital inputs (2x RCA, 3x TORX, 1x USB) for the connection of a multitude of digital
sources, like digital satellite receivers, gaming consoles or computers
· 1 balanced analogue output, XLR 3pol. Male, phase reversible
· 1 unbalanced analogue output, cinch, phase reversible
· 2 digital outputs (1x RCA, 1x TOTX), reproducing the selected digital input at all outputs
· 1 headphone jack (6,3 mm) + 1 RCA for the connection of headphone preamplifiers or
wireless headphones. The MUTE function can be controlled via remote
· DC-coupled signal path without capacitors resulting in a precise bass reproduction due
to the nonexistence of phase shift in the audible range
· Input sensitivity selectable by -14 dB to +14 dB for the compensation of different volumes
· Sampling rate for D/A conversion can be selected between 96kHz/24bit and 192kHz/24bit
· The internal power supply features a very low standby power consumption
(< 1 W) – Burmester goes GREEN.