The MC611 has received numerous updates and improvements compared to our previous 600 Watt monoblock model. Chief among them is that filter capacity has been doubled which has resulted in a dramatic 55% increase in dynamic headroom from 1.8dB to 2.8dB. This twofold increase in filter capacity also helps improve the performance of low end bass frequencies.
The front panel features new direct LED backlighting for improved appearance and color accuracy. On top, the audio Autoformer and power transformer remain seated just behind the front panel, but are now contained in new glass topped enclosures. Behind them are 2 of our Monogrammed Heatsinks™ which connect to advanced high current output transistors that help eliminate thermal equilibrium lag time. A screening of the amplifier’s block diagram has been added to the panel located between the heatsinks.
On the back, there continues to be 3 sets of our Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts (1 set for each speaker impedance), but more space has been added between each set to allow for easier speaker cable management. Our eco-friendly power management system, which will turn the amp off after a set amount of time when no input signal has been detected, has also been added. Other enhancements include heavier gauge internal wiring and upgraded circuit components.
In addition to all these improvements, the MC611 is full of other exclusive McIntosh technologies:
- Power Guard® that monitors and adjusts the input signal at the speed of light and makes real time adjustments to prevent harsh sounding and potentially speaker damaging clipping
- Sentry Monitor™ - our fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
- Quad Balanced design that cancels virtually all noise and distortion that may have crept into the audio signal
- Power Control to send power on/off signals to other connected McIntosh components for easy system power up and shutdown
- Power Output per Channel
- 600 Watts @ 2, 4 or 8 Ohms
- Number of Channels
- Total Harmonic Distortion
- S/N below rated output
- Balanced: 124dB
- Dynamic Headroom
- Damping Factor
- >40 Wideband
- Rated Power Band
- 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response
- +0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz
+0, -3.0dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- Remote Power Control
- Multi-Channel DB25 Cable
- Circuit Configuration
- Quad Balanced
- Circuit Design
- Solid State
- Mono Bridge
- Mono Parallel
- Output Type
- Meter Light Switch
- Balanced Input
- Front Panel
- Glass with handles
- Direct LED
- Chassis Style
- Polished stainless steel & black painted steel
- Speaker Binding Post Type
- Patented Solid Cinch™ Speaker Binding Posts
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
- Unit Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 17-1/2" (44.45cm) x 9-7/16" (23.97cm) (including
feet) x 22" (55.88cm) (including front panel, handles and cables)
- Unit Weight
- 97.5 lbs (44.32 kg)
- Shipping Weight
- 130.5 lbs (59.32 kg)
McIntosh MC611 Amplifier wins Stereo Sound 2018 Grand Prix Award
"Massively Impressive" McIntosh MC611 Monoblock Amplifiers put on a "Display of Power" for Hi-Fi World
Awarded 5 out of 5 Globes.
McIntosh MC611 "sounds nothing like any other amplifier I’ve heard before, period."
Update: MC611 Receives Best of 2018 Blue Note Award from Enjoy The Music.
Lyd & Bilde on the McIntosh MC611: "a rare combination of effortless power and sophistication"