The CineCurve features a native 2.40:1 image area allowing full enjoyment and flexibility when watching movies in super-wide screen formats, and also has the ability to conform to HDTV and NTSC TV formats.
Many Hollywood blockbusters are produced in formats such as Cinemascope where the movie is 2.35 times wider than it is high. When watching this aspect ratio on a 16:9 screen, 33% of the pixels are used to create annoying black bars, therefore reducing your image resolution.
Designed for use with an anamorphic lens, the CineCurve features a native 2.40:1 image area allowing full enjoyment and flexibility when watching movies in super-wide screen formats. Maintaining a constant vertical height, two electronically controlled masking panels glide in from the left and right to create the perfect image area when viewing different types of media or movies filmed in various aspect ratios.
The Slimline CineCurve is now applicable for smaller home theater rooms due to its newly re-designed housing that is 2” narrower on each side. Previously when measuring the installation of a CineCurve one would have to take in to account 18” for the housing plus the image width. The new Slimline CineCurve unit reduces the unit width to 14”+ image width. The size reduction of the housing unit means that customers can have an even larger image area in the space and that rooms that may not have been able to accommodate current model are now able to thanks to its new Slimline CineCurve design.
• Variable Aspect Ratio - Constant Height/Variable Width
• Native 2.40:1 aspect ratio
• Aluminum extrusion curved frame finished with VeLux™
• Electronically controlled side masking
• Snap fastening securely attaches screen to frame
• Choose from a variety of Stewart’s front projection screen materials
• Curvature reduces screen surface exposure to cross reflected and side wall sources of ambient light
• Heightens viewer’s sense of immersion
• Custom radius manufactured to optimize your application
• Complements projectors with anamorphic lenses
• BRIC - The Binary Reciprocal intelligent Control System (more information below)
• Patent Pending
CUSTOM OPTIONS: (available by factory quotation)
• Rear projection models
• Custom sizes and aspect ratios
• Acoustic perforation on front projection models
• Acoustically transparent masking panels